Get Your Free Digital 2021 Social Security Q&A Guide!
Are your clients maximizing their Social Security benefits?
Our free guide includes the Cost-of-Living Adjustments (COLA) for calculating benefits in 2021.
It also provides important information regarding changes to federal policies in recent years, and how these laws will affect the strategies your clients can use to maximize benefits in retirement.
DOWNLOAD GUIDE NOW
Tuesday, September 28, 2021 | 12:00 PM — 1:30 PM EDT
REN 5th Anniversary Retirement Financial Planning Symposium
Wade Pfau, Ph.D.,CFA
Professor of Retirement Income, The American College
Former Regional Communications Director at the Social Security Administration
Head of Retirement Research for Morningstar Investment Management LLC
You’re cordially invited to an exclusive virtual Retirement Financial Planning Symposium to help us celebrate the 5th anniversary of the Retirement Experts Network. Over the last five years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing the expertise of thought-leaders and scholars to thousands of financial professionals across the country. And we’re just getting started.
We’re thrilled to welcome back four of our most distinguished guests from the platform for a wide-ranging discussion on some of the most salient topics encountering financial planning professionals and their clients today. Please note: 1.5 CE credits will be provided for eligible attendees CFP, RICP, CLU, ChFC, and CFFP/Kaplan designations.
During the symposium, our renowned guest experts will discuss:
- Determining Retirement Income Style — Understanding underlying retirement income factors and how to link retirement income styles to the four main strategic approaches that satisfy retiree preferences. Presented by Wade Pfau, Ph.D., CFA, RICP, Professor of Retirement Income, The American College
- Strategies for Maximizing Social Security — Identifying methods to maximize benefits and how federal changes to claiming strategies in recent years can impact expected guaranteed funds and retirement income planning. Presented by Kurt Czarnowski, Former Regional Communications Director, Social Security Administration
- Estimating “the End” of Retirement — Determining the accuracy of subjective mortality estimates for a financial plan and how to approximate a reasonable retirement period that considers personalized mortality and the probability of success. Presented by David Blanchett Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, Head of Retirement Research, QMA LLC
*RMF does not offer legal services.
- Home Equity Monetization and Long-Term Care Planning — Evaluating both short-term approaches for immediate care needs, as well as long-term financial planning options utilizing strategic home equity solutions to help clients age safely in place. Presented by Stephen R. Pepe, JD*, Reverse Mortgage Specialist, Reverse Mortgage Funding LLC
Save My Seat
View All Upcoming Webinars
Have YOU read the book that EVERY retirement researcher is talking about?
Get your FREE copy of Dr. Wade Pfau's New eBook now!
Dr. Pfau's detailed analysis of reverse mortgages emphasizes:
- That all advisors need to take a fresh look!
- Starting a credit line early!
- That the strategic use can improve retirement income efficiency + create a larger legacy!
- That a reverse mortgage shouldn't be a last resort!
The second edition is now fully updated for the HUD rule changes that went into effect on October 2, 2017.
GET eBook NOW
Options for Moving in Retirement Using the HECM for Purchase
By: John Salter, Ph.D., CFP®
Principal & Wealth Manager at Evensky & Katz / Foldes Financial
& Associate Professor at Texas Tech University
Many retirees will choose to move from the large home in which they raised their family into something smaller and more manageable to maintain. These retirees will be faced with the financial decision of how to best finance their new home. Traditional financing options exist which include paying cash for the home, or using a traditional mortgage. One newer, and lesser known option, is the Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) for Purchase, where the HECM reverse mortgage can be used directly for the purchase of a new home.
To access this white paper, you must be a registered REN user. Login or register now.
Welcome to Retirement Experts Network
Created specifically for financial advisors, this educational platform is brought to you by Reverse Mortgage Funding LLC (RMF). Our purpose is to help you learn more about important retirement issues, so you can add value to your services and maximize your effectiveness. Membership is free, and provides access to valuable resources including on-demand access to past webinar videos, articles from industry experts, and other educational materials — plus much more.
Become a member today, if you haven’t already!